Monday, April 17, 2006

first entry in 2006

Well, we've been back in Indiana for almost four months now & are just now writing. For those who are interested, we ARE planning on keeping our blog. Please make note that the new URL is www.mbandk.blogspot.com. And the blog has a new name: Back Home Again.

I know K & I are still processing the time in South Africa and will continue writing our thoughts on that experience as time passes. Since we've been back, we've traveled to Cairo, Egypt and Chennai, India. We have thoughts we'd like to share on these trips as well.

And of course, being back is worthy of its own time in the spotlight. The most current developments occurred in the last four days. Good Friday: My mom's 60th birthday, awesome house church, golf ball-sized hail storm resulting in one broken window in our house & teeny little dents all over the hood of our car. Saturday: Spent in Upland, IN celebrating Mom's birthday & visiting their new lake house an hour and a half away (from Upland). Easter Sunday: Spent with my entire family minus D & S, K's entire family (all kids included), and St's entire family. Very fun. Monday (today): Discovered a racoon had found its way into our little house next door...little muddy footprints & poop to boot. Fortunately it only sat on one new chair... Sigh.

Of course, there is more to share about how we're reacclimating to this place. But the short story is that we love being back. Had you asked me a year ago if I could see myself "back home again in Indiana," I would have said "absolutely not." Not because I don't love our friends & family here, but because I had my heart set on being back in the PacNW. But alas, my heart has done a complete 180, which is nothing short of a miracle. And I am grateful.

m

No comments: