In October I took 2 friends, T & P, to Egypt for a week. I got back mid-December from a trip to Chennai, India with another friend M.
None of these guys have traveled much outside of the USA. All of them are interested in different cultures & people & global news & politics & so forth. So it was fun to take these friends to two very exotic places & introduce them to our friends in Egypt & India.
On the plane back from Chennai to Frankfurt, M asked me why I invited him to go to India. I didn’t have an immediate answer for him, which took me by surprise.
MB & I are big believers in introducing our friends to each other. & we are big believers in getting people together & seeing what happens. So naturally we want our friends from all over the world to get to know our friends from Indy & the US. & vice versa.
After going to Egypt, P & his wife are helping with support for one of our friends there. & after going to India, M is interested in supporting one of the kids at our friends’ orphanage. This is wonderful. In our partnership training sessions, MB & I teach that good relationships are the foundation of good partnerships. What MB & I really want is just for our friends all over the world to get to know each other. & hopefully by getting to know each other, we can begin to help each other & to work together.
So we want to take our Indy friends with us to meet our friends around the world. & we want to bring our friends from around the world to meet our Indy friends. & then we want to sit back & see what happens.
2 comments:
We've been very thankful for meeting you two, and listening to several of your stories... and then getting to know a couple of the friends you've shared with us!
I'm sure many of your friends would say the same! It's not often that one meets such networkers. Team Jackson enriches the lives they touch!
Love, Tim & Julie
You know, funny thing comes to my mind when I read this entry... this describes exactly who you are as people. Giving of yourselves, sharing the wealth and inviting others to do the same. I'm so pleased to call you both my friends.
hugs
Missy
Post a Comment