For all of you who couldn't believe how incredibly huge our Christmas card photo was, please give me a moment to explain.
As you may know, we use Amazing Mail to send out our Christmas card every year. Usually, K is in charge of actually sending out the card. This year I, MB, did the honors.
We scrambled about a week before Christmas to find a photo we liked of ourselves and alas our sweet sister-in-law handed the photo in question to us just in the nick of time. I of course was not thinking about how our faces filled the entire frame b/c our usual card is the size of the average postcard or a 4x6-inch photo. No big deal.
So I am in the "formatting" section of Amazing Mail when I see different postcard shapes & options. I get very excited, thinking "Oh wow! I can add another small picture by the address line...perfect for the dogs." And, "Oh wow! I can include ALL my text!"
Alas, I am swept away by the joys of modern technology & the choices it offers. I end up choosing the card that gives me all of these options & more without taking time to note the SIZE of the card. It's huge. And our faces fill the frame. These two facts combined made for a shocking surprise in your mailbox come Christmas. And for that, I apologize.
Please know we were not trying to send you the biggest picture of all your friends & family. We were not trying to take up the most space on your refrigerator. And we were not trying to say, "Look at us! No really, LOOK at us!"
Thank you for your attention. And happy new year.
2 comments:
Why would we in anyway object to a lovely picture featuring your shining faces in our mailboxes? :)
What a hoot! I can't wait to see one - from your description, it sounds really cute. hugs.
Post a Comment