Friday, January 23, 2009

Surprise!!

Well, by now most of you should know our happy news that we are expecting a baby!! WOW! We are still in disbelief. As of today, I am exactly 16 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I am due on July 9, two days before K's birthday! I go in for my 16 week appt on Monday where I'll get to hear the heartbeat again. I've already heard it twice...music to my ears! I actually was able to see the baby at 7 weeks, which was awesome though the bean looked just like...well...a bean. (See image below.) Our 20 week appointment is at the end of February. K will go with me to that one. It'll be the first time he'll hear and/or see the baby first hand! 

It's crazy. We never thought we'd be here. But this baby wasn't an accident or a surprise. We were trying. And here we are! I've felt great. No nausea or morning sickness. No excessive tiredness. No pain. I am very grateful and thankful to God. 

I'll do my best to keep you posted on the pregnancy, including images when we have them. Thanks for any and all prayers & well wishes as we are on this journey.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

MaryBeth and Kyle,
Congratulations! I am so excited to hear your news. You will both be awesome parents. I know you will enjoy this great adventure!
Love,
Lisa Howard (and Eric too!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Looking forward to your updates. Love, Auntie LA

Elissa said...

Congratulations! We hope parenthood is as awesome of an adventure as it has been for us.

Love,
Kyle and Elissa

Amy Wood said...

Yeah! Thanks for sharing the wonderful news.

Anonymous said...

As I said.... "you surprised the Christmas Socks off of us"...as you told us as we unwrapped the most amazing surprise gift ever... the ultrasound of your baby!
We are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you! Just think that that little "bean" has everything that he/she will need for the rest of his or her life...right now!!!
WE are so happy that we can be "close by" to help when ever you need us! Love, mom/grandma/marylou

Anonymous said...

I love it ! I love it! I love it!!
Yea for baby Jackson-we are praying for you everyday.... all our love
bec

Welcome! said...

Yippeee! You will never be the same! Congratulations! Love, the mclanes

Anonymous said...

We are also SO excited for you!!!!! and it is even better that we know the kind of feeling that you have... we saw our "bean" when he/she was 6 weeks and 5 days old and could hear the heart-beating! that was something unbelievable!But I had bad nausea till 20 weeks of pregnancy...now I am great and love the baby kicking from the inside! you should love it!
And we are just about 4-6 difference with you!
We believe you'll be awesome parents!!!!
Blessings
Dima and Margo