It's hard to believe that H's surgery is already a week & a half behind us. She continues to heal & do well. I'm amazed at how great her incisions look. And her hair is growing back so fast! Babies are incredible in how they can recover from physical trauma. You would never know she had major head surgery not even two weeks ago. She is her happy old self! With that said, in many ways I feel we have a newborn in the house again. By this I mostly mean we can't have lots of people hold her and she's not sleeping great (having fallen out of her rhythm on only one night waking). But every day is getting better.
We had our first family outing yesterday...out to breakfast. H wore a hat the entire time per doctor's orders. She seems to be in less pain all the time. I've been spreading out her Tylenol (no narcotics) to about every 8 hours. She doesn't really like her head cradle that she's supposed to sleep in, surprise surprise. She ends up sleeping in it about 4-6 hours every day. But she actually is on her back with her head straight up much of the day. So we've been using it while she's awake!
We have scheduled H's 2-week follow up appointment in Cincinnati for Jan 4. At that time, the doctor will access her progress, remove the remaining stitches, and hopefully answer our superfluous questions!
We have felt so blessed and carried by all of you. Thank you for your continued prayers, notes of encouragement & visits. We would ask for continued prayers that H's head heals & that her head grows into the nice round shape that is expected in time. We continue to pray for no developmental issues. (Some kids born with this birth defect experience developmental delays.)
Finally, thanks to all who have visited our blog expecting to see our annual Christmas letter but instead found themselves engrossed in this recent drama! I promise to post a Christmas letter here soon!
All the best,
K+M+L+H
1 comment:
SO glad to hear the latest update! God is good and Halle is blessed to have a wonderful family. I look forward to seeing you soon. Many blessings, Katherine
Post a Comment