Monday, December 05, 2011

H is (almost) 4 Months!

I thought I'd go ahead & post H's 4-month update! She turns four months in just 4 short days. What a doll she is! At her 3-month check up, she weighed in at 15 lbs 15 oz and 25 in long! She LOVES putting everything in her mouth these days. She pulls her dresses into her mouth, puts toys, fingers, pretty much anything goes in there! The other night, I went into H's room while she was sleeping & her bunny rabbit's foot was soaked. She also loves taking baths! I lay her on her back in the tub & she starts kicking & swinging her arms & her eyes get big & bright! She's talking & cooing lots, experimenting with her voice! And boy, does she have some lungs! When she screams, she SCREAMS! She has the sweetest little half grin, the brightest smile that fills her whole body, the funniest guffaw. She has K's deep, dark eyes that draw you in--then her charming smile is totally disarming! She lays on her activity blanket & bats at all the toys, seemingly fascinated that she can make them make sounds. And she is strong! Those legs of hers can kick & stand. We are thoroughly enjoying her. And L is increasingly enjoying her as well! She laughs at him when he's taking his baths! And they make each other laugh on a regular basis. I love it. My two babies.

Many of you know that the week of Thanksgiving, H was diagnosed with a head condition called Sagittal Synostosis. This simply means that the sagittal suture of her skull has fused prematurely. Since she was born, she has had a long, narrow head. I asked the pediatrician about it for the first time at her 8-week appt. We started watching for her head to fill out to a more round shape & it wasn't happening. So he ordered an X-ray on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Now, for the last two weeks, we have found ourselves on a crash course of trying to understand our options & what is in store for our baby girl.

God has been good in surrounding us with the most amazing people who understand this more than we do as well as sending loads of encouragement to us through our family & friends. We are praying for a miracle, that she would not need surgery, that her head would heal. We will meet with a pediatric neurosurgeon at Riley Children's Hospital here in Indianapolis this coming Wednesday. We hope to learn more about our options at that point.

I will post updates to this blog so please come back & visit. In the meantime, we covet your prayers over H and our entire family as are on this journey together.

K, M, L, H


2 comments:

David Austin said...

You are such a good photographer. These are great photos, MB.

David Austin said...

I am not "unknown" I am David Austin!