Welcome to our blog! Though we are bad bloggers, we do hope you will visit us here to read our periodic updates about what we're up to and what we're excited about. Thanks for visiting! mb + k **All photos on this blog are under copyright protection. Please do not download or share without permission.**
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
One Year Ago Today...
...we were being ushered into PICU to see our little girl. Our little 4-month-old baby girl who had to have major skull surgery. "Craniosynostosis" they told us at our first meeting with a neurosurgeon in early December. Sagittal synostosis to be exact. We found ourselves on the journey of our lives, trying to navigate a new world of information & options for treatment of H's condition.
One year later & I find myself in the same "posture of prayer," as one of my friends calls it. "May we never lose this posture of prayer" for our children, for our families, for our friends. I thank God for H's health, for her healing, for the blessing of BOTH of our children. In the aftermath of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, I find myself assuming this posture of prayer even more. Every day is a gift.
My brother & I were talking the other day about how our faith requires us to say yes to God in whatever it is He chooses to give us. That means blessings as well as the birth defects & the tragedies, trusting that there are no accidents, that all things ultimately point to his glory & his perfection. I clung to this a year ago & cling to this still today. I am eternally grateful to be on the other side of surgery having experienced a series of best-case-scenarios with H. We have so much to be grateful for. May we always sing Hallelujah whatever our joys & sorrows may be.
In this Advent season of waiting and anticipation, I am reminded to be anticipating God's goodness, even if it doesn't feel like goodness every single moment.
Here's a photo of L & H playing the piano together this fall. I'll post more photos soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment